Wednesday, March 16, 2016

MY BEST FRIEND IS A MAN

My Best Friend is a man.

I met Tim through my brother; no I met Tim in my standard one class; no, I do not remember how I met Tim. He has just always been present in my life. I can remember vaguely chats we had in class or episodes when he and my brother got into trouble. For Tim had always been my brothers best friend and I, well, a third wheel.

Tim introduced me to Chris Daughtry and to Coldplay. He introduced me to art and rally. See Tim is a wild spirit; a tough act to follow. He hates that I don’t fuss over rally cars and he hates, even more, that my favorite color is purple; for he knows if ever I help him move out, his apartment would be purple.

Over the years, ‘best friendship’ slowly swapped from Tim and my brother to Tim and Immy. We just started to talk so much and our conversations, mostly silly, were very interesting. Tim is a great conversationalist. See he reads what you write. He actually reads. So his replies are ever on point in a sassy kind of way which keeps you in that conversation.
Tim has no care whatsoever for fashion as I am. That is another aspect that I believe drives him crazy. See Tim goes into a shop and buys 5 of the same shirt in a dull grey or black; sometimes, he gets a bit of motivation and goes for the white option. His ‘shoe’ guy knows that Tim will want the same pair of converse all-stars in black, so he makes sure to stock several of them. So Tim’s usual look is black jeans, a black tee-shirt and a black pair of shoes. And with this simple outfit, he is ready for business.
My best friend is a man. And most often than not, he scares my boyfriends away. Not because he has this tough guy look on him, but because he has a place in my heart than only belongs to him. They don’t understand our relationship and most often than not, people mistake us for a couple. Sometimes, I mistake us for a couple; for Tim is that kind of guy; always present to help and always present just to listen.
It is said that man and woman cannot be friends; I don’t know how true that is. However, if I got a guy as caring and loving as Tim, he would have the other three quarter of my heart.

No comments: